What are Riviera Holiday Homes’ cancellation conditions relating to COVID-19?
We understand that the ever-changing Covid-19 situation creates a lot of uncertainty and that you may be nervous about going on a trip. Our team is here to reassure you!
All the answers to the questions which we have thought of as of 01.11.2020 are here bellow and we hope these conditions will allow you to look forward to your long-awaited holiday with undue concern.
For the avoidance of doubt, we have added the following 4 clauses to our cancellation conditions, If you are unable to travel, for the period of the booked stay, due to one of the following scenarios related to COVID-19 (effective on the date of arrival):
- If the government of the country of origin of the person who made the reservation forbids all travel abroad to France.
- If travel or border restrictions in France (ordered by the French government in response to COVID-19) prevent the person who made the reservation from travelling to France or to the rented property.
- If the French government decides, up to the day before arrival, to impose quarantine restrictions on the country or geographical zone of the property for the period of the client's stay. This is on condition that the client does not spend the quarantine period in the reserved property.
- If there is a mandatory lockdown and travel prohibition in France or the country of origin of the person who made the reservation.
If you can justify being unable to travel due to at least one scenario related to COVID-19 as described above in our cancellation conditions, a refund will be made under the following conditions:
- you can cancel your reservation at any time. Any deposit will be retained until the date of arrival and returned no later than 15 days afterwards if one of the conditions described in our cancellation conditions is effective at the time of the booked stay.
- If you cancel your reservation, and on the date of your stay there is no restriction on travel, your deposit will be refunded solely in the case where the property has been re-let in the meantime. If the property has not been re-let, and you still wish to cancel, Riviera Holiday Homes will keep the deposit.
We know that the uncertainties of the coronavirus pandemic may affect your travel plans. To help you, we answer your most frequently asked questions below. We will continue to update this page as the situation evolves and when we have new answers for you.
We answer all your questions:
- Can I get a refund in the case where myself or a member of the party with which I wish to travel receives a positive test for COVID-19?
- Can I get a refund if I have been in contact with someone who has tested positive?
- Can I postpone my stay if I test positive for COVID-19?
- What happens if my flight is cancelled?
- What happens if there has been a positive test for COVID-19 in the accommodation I have booked prior to my arrival?
- What happens if we test positive during our stay?
- Will I receive a refund if I have to quarantine in my home country upon return?
- Where are the COVID-19 testing centres?
FAQ SPECIAL COVID:
Can I get a refund in the case where myself or a member of the party with which I wish to travel receives a positive test for COVID-19?
Riviera Holiday Homes subscribes at the time of booking to the Albinet-Assurance ADAR insurance, which undertakes to reimburse the cancellation fees within the limits of their general conditions which will be provided to you at the time of booking.
Can I get a refund if I have been in contact with someone who has tested positive?
Riviera Holiday Homes will not offer a refund to someone who has been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Can I postpone my stay if I test positive for COVID-19?
If the property you have booked is available on the desired dates, it will be possible to postpone your stay. Please consult our service team to find out more about your options to postpone your stay.
What happens if my flight is cancelled?
Riviera Holiday homes undertakes to provide a full refund to the person who made the reservation if their flight is cancelled due to government restrictions (for example, suspension of air travel between countries).
What happens if there has been a positive test for COVID-19 in the accommodation I have booked prior to my arrival?
Our staff will do the utmost to offer you alternative accommodation similar to the reserved property. In the event that any alternatives offered to you are unsuitable, we will refund you in full.
What happens if we test positive during our stay?
You always have the option to remain in your accommodation until the end of your stay, and to book subsequent weeks if these are available.
We ask you to inform Riviera Holiday Homes as soon as possible so that our dedicated team can best support you and take all measures necessary in this kind of situation.
In the case where you have taken out the Allianz insurance offered at the time of reservation, you will benefit from cover and repatriation. If you are covered by your own repatriation policy insurance policy, you can use this.
Will I receive a refund if I have to quarantine in my home country upon return?
Our refund policy does not apply in this scenario.
Where are the COVID-19 testing centres?
Testing COVID - CENTRE COVID VAUBAN
18 Rue Maréchal Vauban, 06300 Nice
04 92 00 43 29
COVID - LBM BARLA SITE NICEBARLA
6 rue Barla 06300 Nice
04 93 55 40 40
Covid – LBM EUROFINS LABAZUR
10 avenue Félir Faure 06000 Nice
04 93 96 76 29
Covid – LBM Barla
45 boulevard Dubouchage 06000 Nice
04 92 17 65 65
COVID – LBM Barla SiteSanta Maria Platea
57 avenue Californie 06200 Nice
09 67 73 82 05
Eurofins Labazur Nice La Madeleine
9 boulevard de la Madeleine 06000 Nice
04 93 44 47 29
Eurofins Labazur Nice Borriglione
12 avenue Alfred Borriglione 06100 Nice
04 93 84 18 25
Eurofins Labazur Nice Le Ray
4 avenue du Ray 06100 Nice
04 93 84 81 62